Meta Tag Method
If you want to redirect your Blogger Blog using a Meta tag, then you can use the below code. Replace DOMAIN with the full URL of location where you want Blogger to be redirected, the content attribute determines the time delay in redirection.
If you have moved to WordPress.org and want 301 like redirects, then you should probably use the plugin Blogger To WordPress Redirection
So you must be having a Blog(If NO, Go get one today). Where do you host it Blogger.com OR WordPress.com. Or if you have your own Hosting space with php and Mysql then for sure WordPress.org. This post will compare Blogger.com with WordPress.com. Also don’t get confused with WordPress.com and WordPress.org. WordPress.org is a CMS which you need to host and is the best Blog System currently. I will not be including features which are in both of them OR neither of them.
|Customization with themes
||Yes, You can edit the HTML and CSS
||No, Only from another Blogspot Blog
||Yes, From most of the Blog programs
||Yes, As much as you want
||No, But you may install a third party Analytics program
||Yes, In built and is great
||1 GB, Can be browsed through Picasa
||3 GB, Can be upgraded
||Through applying Labels
||Through applying Categories and Tags
||No, But Third Party contact forms can be installed
||Yes, Using [contact-form]
||Simple, But you can install powerful comments system like Disqus
||Nice comment system but you can’t install Disqus
|Embed Object (Like: Flash)
||Yes, And can be optimized with Feedburner
||Yes, But No Feedburner optimization
|Change blog URL
||Yes, You can Add it here
|Google Webmaster Tools
||Yes, Verify using <meta> tag and Add blog/atom.
- If you wish to upgrade to WordPress.org soon then go for WordPress.com. As it supports Categories as well as Tags(Which is common in WordPress.com and WordPress.org).
- If you don’t wish to upgrade to WordPress.org and don’t want to host things then go for Blogger.com
- Most of people start from platforms like WordPress.com or Blogger.com and move to WordPress.org(It includes me).
- Also if you are newbie in Blogging go for Blogger.
- Blogger is also owned by Google which is a 800 pound gorilla in Internet.
- There is also a http://draft.blogger.com where you can see features if blogger about to come.
My Suggestion: Go for Blogger.com. As it has the biggest advantage that is Flexibility.
Today I upgraded to WordPress 2.8(Not beta) and found some new cool changes in it so lets have a look what’s new.
Better Management for Tags
A new subcategory has been added to Posts “Post Tags”, Just like categories now you can edit Tag name, Tag slug and also add description for your tags.
Better Management for Themes
Earlier each theme had to be opened and then Activate it or discard it, The new WordPress has a of direct Preview and Activation Button. By clicking Activate the theme gets Activated without a preview and also a Delete button is present which deletes the theme.
The plugins manager is retouched. It now offers views/filters by plugin state, which I’ve found to be very convenient and bit of GUI trimming.
“Add new themes” Button
The new WordPress considers theme’s like Plugins. Just like plugins you can browse the new themes, Install them and upload it rather than doing it via FTP. You can also search for theme using different filters based on colors, columns, width and subject.
Feed links for everything
The new WordPress had feed’s for everything. For example when you open a particular category like “Web 2.0” there is a RSS feed for this Or for a author like “Tom” there is feed for post’s by that Author.
Improved Widgets Section
The new widgets section shows all you sidebar(s) in once. You can drag and drop the new widget and change the order also by drag and drop. Unlike earlier WordPress you don’t have to click “Show” for each sidebar separately. As soon as you drop a widget into a sidebar, it will pop down the widget’s properties automatically which can be modified and saved.
Edit Post Comments Individually
While editing a post,One can see the existing comments present there in a seprate box in bottom. You can unapprove, spam, delete, edit, quick edit and reply to the comments right from the post edit screen.
Some Minor Changes
- You don’t get notified of your own comments
- You can autosave posts/pages when pressing Control+S
- Support for more than one gallery on the same page
- You can have multiple instances of a widget now
- WordPress doesn’t ask for confirmation when marking a comment as spam
- You can now edit all the files of a particular plugin
- WordPress now allows case-insensitive logins (username)